A.IR Shield Rx, compact infrared receiver
12,00 € – 14,00 €
Advanced Infrared Shield for Arduino and similar MCU platforms. Pick from one of the bundles below with optional copy of AnalysIR. Works with AnalysIR, IRremote, IRLib & custom sketches.
A.IR Shield Rx– (A.IR) is a new low cost, compact & high-spec shield which operates seamlessly with AnalysIR, IRremote and IRLib – supporting IR receive. Carrier frequency measurement and reporting is supported by AnalysIR & IRLib. By default, A.IR is supplied with an IR receiver, an IR Learner and with the AnalysIR firmware. Users can also use any IRremote or IRLib sketch with A.IR using the standard Arduino IDE. In addition users can integrate the shield into any Arduino sketch or similar platform. A.IR allows makers, hobbyists and professionals record and a large range of IR signals using quality Vishay IR components and excellent design features. A.IR provides excellent reception range and signal quality for both 3V3 and 5V systems (2.5V-5.5V). It can be powered directly from the microcontroller GPIO pins, connected to the PCB headers.
What is A.IR Shield Rx?
A.IR Shield Rx is a high spec IR shield designed for AnalysIR, IRremote, IRLib and Arduino.
- Built to plug directly into Arduino female headers(or similar) it boasts dual IR receivers for decoding both demodulated and carrier signals (20 – 60kHz).
- It is tightly integrated with AnalysIR for receiving and decoding the most difficult Infrared remote control signals (A.IR conditioners, TVs, STBs etc).
- In addition, it can be used with the IRremote & IRLib libraries or any custom Arduino sketch.
- In common with other MakeIR modules, A.IR shield includes noise suppression circuitry as standard.
- By default, the A.IR Shield Rx comes with male headers to plug directly into the female headers of an Arduino or similar platforms.
- You can of course use your own IRremote, IRLib or custom firmware via the Arduino IDE.
- We also provide the source code for the AnalysIR firmware, in the form of an Arduino sketch, which you can modify to suit as neccessary.
A.IR Shield Rx packs a lot more features which are covered in more detail in the data sheet, and getting started guide.
A.IR Shield Rx is made up the following:
- The A.IR Shield Rx board module.
- 1 x 38kHz Vishay IR Receiver
- 1 x 20-60kHz Vishay IR Learner
- An Arduino or similar. (Not Included)
- Documentation & Firmware.
- The AnalysIR Windows PC application. (Optional purchase)
A.IR Shield Rx is a plug’n’play companion device for AnalysIR and other 3rd party Infrared solutions.
A copy of AnalysIR firmware is included and the source is supplied with each A.IR Shield Rx. You need to provide your own Arduino or similar plaform, which is readily available. There is no need for additional IR receivers as they are already included on-board. As well as tight-integration with AnalysIR, it can also be driven by 3rd party applications and systems.
A.IR Shield Rx – Customisation
The shield is configured by default with 1 Receiver & 1 Learner. However, we can customise to include a wide range of IR receivers from Vishay along with alternative header configurations, in case you need the shield to sit at a different orientation. Please contact us via the contact form above to discuss any customisations and note that a small additional fee may apply.
- Question: I don’t have a PayPal account?
Answer: You can pay with Credit Card via PayPal without joining or get a friend or family member to make the contribution for you using their PayPal account.
- Question: What happens after I make my payment?
Answer: You will receive an email with instructions for the A.IR Shield installation. The module will be shipped out within 1-2 working days.
- Question: How long does delivery take?
Answer: Worldwide delivery usually takes from 5-10 working days after shipping, depending on location. Standard post is used which does not include tracking or insurance.
- Question: I have made my payment but I have received no instructions yet?
Answer: Usually we respond pretty quickly unless we are asleep. So if you haven’t heard back from us within 24 hours, just contact us using the ‘contact’ option at the top of this page. Dont forget to check your spam/junk folder and whitelist analysir.com.
- Question: I am still confused?
Answer: Not a problem, just send your questions to us using the contact option at the top of this page.
with Default Configuration, with Custom Configuration
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.