A.IR Shield Photon, advanced infrared module
Advanced Infrared Shield for Particle Photo / RedBear DUO. Pick from one of the bundles below with a copy of AnalysIR or just the shield on its own. Works with AnalysIR & custom sketches.
A.IR Shield Photon– The A.IR Shield Photon(A.IR) is a new high-spec shield which operates seamlessly with AnalysIR and the Particle Photon or the RedBear DUO – supporting IR send and receive. Carrier frequency measurement and reporting is supported. By default, A.IR is supplied for use with the AnalysIR firmware. Users can also load any custom IR sketch onto A.IR using the standard Particle web IDE or extend the existing firmware. A.IR allows makers, hobbyists and professionals record and send a large range of IR signals using quality Vishay IR components and excellent design features. A.IR provides excellent reception range and signal quality. It can be powered directly from the Photon microcontroller, USB ports, or via batteries or stand-alone power supplies connected to the PCB headers. It is power from 5V and the signalling with Photon IO pins is 3V3.
View Product Datasheet (Click here for PDF)
What is A.IR Shield Photon?
A.IR Shield Photon is a high spec IR shield designed initially designed for use with AnalysIR, with support for custom IR sketches.
- Built in a compact Photon compatible shield format it boasts dual IR LEDs, dual IR receivers for decoding both demodulated and carrier signals (20 – 60kHz Rx/Tx plus 455kHz Tx).
- It is tightly integrated with AnalysIR for both sending and receiving Infrared remote control signals.
- In addition, it can be used with any custom Photon sketch and also works with the RedBear DUO Photon clone.
- In common with other MakeIR modules, A.IR shield includes noise suppression, a constant current IR driver & selectable IR Power (x1, x2+). IR Tx is on the TX pin.
- Custom IR Tx power can be set with the se of an optional TH resistor.
- The shield can be controlled via the Photon’s WiFi or serialUSB interfaces.
- You can of course load your own custom firmware via the Particle web IDE.
- We also provide the source code for the AnalysIR firmware, in the form of a Particle Photon sketch which is also compatible with the RedBear DUO.
A.IR Shield Photon packs a lot more features which are covered in more details in the data sheet, and getting started guide.
A.IR Shield Photon is made up the following:
- The A.IR Shield Photon board module or Shield.
- A Particle Photon or RedBear DUO compatible clone. (Not included)
- Documentation & Firmware Source code.
- The AnalysIR Windows PC application. (Optional purchase)
A.IR Shield Photon is a plug’n’play companion device for AnalysIR and other 3rd party Infrared solutions. We suggest picking up a copy of AnalysIR, which will make life much easier with your project.
A copy of the AnalysIR firmware source is supplied. You need to provide your own Photon and USB micro cable, which is readily available. There is no need for additional IR receivers or emitters as they are already included on-board. As well as tight-integration with AnalysIR, it can also be driven by 3rd party applications and systems. Details of the serial/WiFi messaging interface syntax/protocol are available on request. IR Tx range can be increased further using JP1 and/or by installing a programming resistor on the PCB. This is a feature of all of our constant current IR emitter designs in the MakeIR series. See Product Sheet for more details!
A.IR Shield Photon – AnalysIR bundles
Please contact us directly for details on bundles/bulk orders.
- Question: I don’t have a PayPal account?
Answer: You can pay with Credit Card via PayPal without joining or get a friend or family member to make the contribution for you using their PayPal account.
- Question: What happens after I make my payment?
Answer: You will receive an email with instructions for the A.IR Shield installation. The module will be shipped out within 1-2 working days.
- Question: How long does delivery take?
Answer: Worldwide delivery usually takes from 5-10 working days after shipping, depending on location. Standard post is used which does not include tracking or insurance.
- Question: I have made my payment but I have received no instructions yet?
Answer: Usually we respond pretty quickly unless we are asleep. So if you haven’t heard back from us within 24 hours, just contact us using the ‘contact’ option at the top of this page. Dont forget to check your spam/junk folder and whitelist analysir.com.
- Question: I am still confused?
Answer: Not a problem, just send your questions to us using the contact option at the top of this page.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.