A.IR Shield Nano, advanced infrared module
$23.00 – $25.00
Advanced Infrared Shield for Arduino Nano. Pick from one of the bundles below with optional Nano and/or a copy of AnalysIR. Works with AnalysIR, IRremote, IRLib & cutom sketches.
A.IR Shield Nano– The A.IR Shield Nano (A.IR) is a new high-spec shield which operatesseamlessly with AnalysIR, IRremote and IRLib – supporting IR send and receive. Carrier frequency measurement and reporting is supported by AnalysIR & IRLib. By default, A.IR is supplied with an Arduino ‘Nano’ compatible clone with the AnalysIR firmware pre-loaded. Users can also load any IRremote or IRLib sketch onto A.IR using the standard Arduino IDE. When not playing with their IR projects users can load any Arduino sketch onto the supplied ‘Nano’. The A.IR shield also provides a small prototyping area for further extension of its capabilities. (e.g. Bluetooth/BLE, Wi-Fi, RF, EEPROM, SD storage for logging etc.)
A.IR allows makers, hobbyists and professionals record and send a large range of IR signals using quality Vishay IR components and excellent design features. A.IR provides excellent reception range and signal quality for both 3V3 and 5V systems. It can be powered directly from the ‘Nano’ microcontroller, USB ports, or via batteries or stand-alone power supplies connected to the PCB headers.
What is A.IR Shield Nano?
A.IR Shield Nano is a high spec IR shield designed for AnalysIR, IRremote, IRLib and Arduino.
- Built in a Nano compatible shield format it boasts dual IR LEDs, dual IR receivers for decoding both demodulated and carrier signals (20 – 60kHz).
- It is tightly integrated with AnalysIR for both sending and receiving Infrared remote control signals.
- In addition, it can be used with the IRremote & IRLib libraries or any custom Arduino sketch.
- In common with other MakeIR modules, A.IR shield includes noise suppression, a constant current IR driver & selectable IR Power (x1, x2+). IR Tx can be on Pin D3 or D9, selectable via jumper JP1.
- The shield also provides a small prototyping area for further expansion (e.g. RF).
- By default, the A.IR Shield Nano includes a 16MHz Nano compatible (clone), which comes pre-loaded with the AnalysIR Firmware.
- You can of course load your own IRremote, IRLib or custom firmware via the Arduino IDE.
- We also provide the source code for the AnalysIR firmware, in the form of an Arduino sketch.
A.IR Shield Nano packs a lot more features which are covered in more details in the data sheet, and getting started guide.
A.IR Shield Nano is made up of the following:
- The A.IR Shield Nano board module.
- An Arduino Nano compatible clone. (Optional purchase)
- Documentation & Firmware.
- The AnalysIR Windows PC application. (Optional purchase)
We recommend including the Arduino nano (clone) with your purchase, as the headers are pre soldered, thus avoiding extra work on your part. Unleash the world of Infrared remote control by picking up a copy of our leading AnalysIR Windows PC application with your order.
A.IR Shield Nano is a plug’n’play companion device for AnalysIR and other 3rd party Infrared solutions.
A copy of AnalysIR firmware is pre-loaded and the source is supplied. You need to provide your own USB mini cable, which is readily available. There is no need for additional IR receivers or emitters as they are already included on-board. As well as tight-integration with AnalysIR, it can also be driven by 3rd party applications and systems. Details of the serial interface syntax/protocol are available on request. IR Tx range can be increased further using JP1 and/or by installing a programming resistor on the PCB. This is a feature of all of our constant current IR emitter designs in the MakeIR series. See Product Sheet for more details!
- Question: I don’t have a PayPal account?
Answer: You can pay with Credit Card via PayPal without joining or get a friend or family member to make the contribution for you using their PayPal account.
- Question: What happens after I make my payment?
Answer: You will receive an email with instructions for the A.IR Shield installation. The module will be shipped out within 1-2 working days.
- Question: How long does delivery take?
Answer: Worldwide delivery usually takes from 5-10 working days after shipping, depending on location. Standard post is used which does not include tracking or insurance.
- Question: I have made my payment but I have received no instructions yet?
Answer: Usually we respond pretty quickly unless we are asleep. So if you haven’t heard back from us within 24 hours, just contact us using the ‘contact’ option at the top of this page. Dont forget to check your spam/junk folder and whitelist analysir.com.
- Question: I am still confused?
Answer: Not a problem, just send your questions to us using the contact option at the top of this page.
with Nano, without Nano, with Nano & AnalysIR Maker Edition, with Nano & AnalysIR Pro Edition
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.