A.IR Shield ESP8266/ESP32 TRx, advanced infrared module
6,00 € – 35,00 €
Advanced Infrared Shield for Wemos D1 Mini ESP8266. Pick from one of the options below. Works with AnalysIR & your own custom sketches, including IRremote. (Don’t forget to pick up a copy of AnalysIR for a greatly enhanced experience)
A.IR Shield The A.IR Shield ESP8266/ESP32 TRx (A.IR) is our new high-spec infrared remote control shield which operates seamlessly with AnalysIR and the Wemos D1 Mini or compatible – supporting IR send and receive. Carrier frequency measurement and reporting is also supported. By default, A.IR is supplied for use with the AnalysIR firmware. Users can also load any custom IR sketch onto A.IR using the standard Arduino IDE or even extend the existing firmware. A.IR allows makers, hobbyists and professionals record and send a large range of IR signals using quality Vishay IR components and excellent design features. A.IR provides excellent reception, range and signal quality. It can be powered directly from the Wemos D1 Mini, USB ports, or via batteries or stand-alone power supplies connected to the PCB headers. It is powered from 5v and the signalling with Wemos GPIO pins is 3V3.
What is A.IR Shield ESP8266/ESP32 TRx?
A.IR Shield ESP8266/ESP32 TRx is a high spec IR shield initially designed for use with AnalysIR, with support for custom IR sketches included.
- Built in a compact Wemos D1 Mini compatible shield format it boasts dual IR LEDs, dual IR receivers for decoding both demodulated and carrier signals (20 – 60kHz Rx/Tx plus 455kHz Tx).
- It is tightly integrated with AnalysIR for both sending and receiving Infrared remote control signals.
- In addition, it can be used with any custom ESP8266 sketch and also works with compatible modules. It is also pin-compatible with the Wemos Mini D1 ESP32
- In common with other MakeIR modules, A.IR shield includes noise suppression, a constant current IR driver & selectable IR Power (x1, x2,x3+). IR Tx is via the D4 pin.
- Custom IR Tx power levels can be set with the use of an optional TH resistor.
- The shield can be controlled via the Wemos’s WiFi or serialUSB interfaces.
- You can of course load your own custom firmware via the Arduino IDE.
- We also provide the source code for the AnalysIR firmware, in the form of an Arduino sketch which is also compatible with other ESP8266/ESP32s.
- The shield accepts web requests to send IR signals & reports received signals to AnalysIR also via Web Requests. Users can make use of these features to easily integrate their own or 3rd party products (e.g. Alexa, smart phones, automation systems or similar). Multiple sends & receivers can be active simultaneously, only limited by WiFi infrastructure.
A.IR Shield ESP8266/ESP32 TRx, advanced infrared module
A.IR Shield ESP8266/ESP32 TRx packs a lot more features which are covered in more details in the data sheet, and getting started guide.
A.IR Shield ESP8266/ESP32 TRx is made up the following:
- The A.IR Shield ESP8266/ESP32 TRx board module / Shield.
- A Wemos D1 Mini ESP8266/ESP32 or compatible clone. (Not included / optional extra)
- Documentation & Firmware Source code.
- The AnalysIR Windows PC application. (Optional purchase)
A.IR Shield ESP8266/ESP32 TRx is a plug’n’play companion device for AnalysIR and other 3rd party Infrared solutions, including support for IRremote.
A copy of the AnalysIR firmware source is supplied. You need to provide your own Wemos D1 Mini and USB micro cable, which is readily available. There is no need for additional IR receivers or emitters as they are already included on-board. As well as tight-integration with AnalysIR, it can also be driven by 3rd party applications and systems. Details of the serial/WiFi web (http POST) messaging interface syntax/protocol are available on request or can be seen from the firmware source. IR Tx range can be increased further using JP1 (x1, x2, x3+) and/or by installing a programming resistor on the PCB. This is a feature of all of our constant current IR emitter designs in the MakeIR series. See Product Sheet for more details!
By Default the shield is provided with Headers pre-soldered, without the Wemos D1 Mini module. A Wemos D1 Mini may optionally be purchased, subject to availability) with firmware pre-loaded & all headers pre-soldered. (Note: This is plug & Play with AnalysIR for serialUSB connections only, as you will need to configure your own SSID/password for WiFi and reload the firmware.)
Pay attention to the Headers required. The Shield has Male headers beneath the PCB, which insert into female headers on top of the Wemos PCB. (8 pins @ 0.1″/2.54mm pitch on each side). If you already have headers on your Wemos, then pick up one of the Double shield bases (Option D)
- Option A – A.IR Shield ESP8266 Shield only for Wemos D1 mini, with headers pre-soldered (Does not include Options B, B32, C, C32 or D)
- Option B – Option A, plus Wemos D1 Mini ESP8266, with Headers pre-soldered and firmware pre-loaded. (Does not include Options B32, C, C32 or D)
- Option B32 – Option A, plus ESP32 D1 Mini, with Headers pre-soldered and firmware pre-loaded. (Does not include Options B, C, C32, D)
- Option C – Wemos D1 Mini with Headers pre-soldered and firmware pre–loaded, without A.IR Shield. (Does not include Options A, B, B32, C32 or D)
- Option C32 – ESP32 D1 Mini with Headers pre-soldered and firmware pre–loaded, without A.IR Shield. (Does not include Options A, B, B32, C, D)
- Option D – Wemos D1 Mini Double Shield Base – unsoldered (no A.IR Shield, ESP8266 or ESP32). You can use this if you already have a Wemos D1 mini to connect the A.IR shield. (Does not include Options A, B, B32, C or C32. Style/colour may vary.)
Develop your own Custom Applications
Although the shield was designed for use with AnalysIR you can create some interesting projects using the shield by extending the supplied firmware. For example:
- Networked remote controlled from your Phone.
- Control devices remotely over the internet.
- Logging of IR commands to cloud storage, EEPROM/SD or external Flash.
- Control AIR Conditioners in homes and workplaces.
- Integrate with basic and advanced home entertainment systems, including Alexa type devices.
In order the get the maximum benefit from the shield we strongly recommend picking up a copy of AnalysIR, which will save many hours in trying to understand & troubleshoot your IR signals.
TRx Shield vs Tx Shield
The TRx shield includes both IR send and receive capability. The Tx shield includes only send capability. In the Tx shield the receive circuit is replaced by the addition of a 3.5mm jack into which you can insert a 3.5mm IR blaster cable. This allows users to feed signals into cabinets. The Tx shield has 2 emitter circuits, one with dual IR Leds (with programmable IR power control) and the second circuit is for the blasters via the3.5mm jack. Either of these 2 emitter circuits can be enabled/disabled via on-board jumpers. The TRx shield includes high quality dual IR receivers with noise suppression and support decoding of IR signals simultaneously with the measurement of IR carrier frequency.
A.IR Shield ESP8266/ESP32 TRx – AnalysIR bundles
Contact us directly for special pricing on bulk or bundle orders.
- Question: I don’t have a PayPal account?
Answer: You can pay with Credit Card via PayPal without joining or get a friend or family member to make the contribution for you using their PayPal account.
- Question: What happens after I make my payment?
Answer: You will receive an email with instructions for the A.IR Shield installation. The module will be shipped out within 1-2 working days.
- Question: How long does delivery take?
Answer: Worldwide delivery usually takes from 5-10 working days after shipping, depending on location. Standard post is used which does not include tracking or insurance.
- Question: I have made my payment but I have received no instructions yet?
Answer: Usually we respond pretty quickly unless we are asleep. So if you haven’t heard back from us within 24 hours, just contact us using the ‘contact’ option at the top of this page. Don’t forget to check your spam/junk folder and white list analysir.com.
- Question: I can get a Wemos or double shield directly?
Answer: Great, we do not design or manufacture the Wemos D1 Mini or the double Shield. They are provided here for convenience only & subject to limited availability/stock levels. Feel free to supply your own. (Note: The ESP8266/ESP32 modules may be original or clones and operate properly with our shield)
- Question: I am still confused?
Answer: Not a problem, just send your questions to us using the contact option at the top of this page.
A. A.IR Shield Only, B. Shield+Wemos D1 Mini, B32. Shield+ESP32 D1 Mini, C. Wemos D1 Mini, C32. ESP32 D1 Mini, D. Wemos Double Shield
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.