The first set of kits has shipped today and because we were able to get a discount on the components we also included some bonus components as a gift (2 x npn transistors, 4 x 100 ohm resistors & 4 x 4k7 ohm resistors). These extra components may be of use to those who want to build their own IR led Driver circuit with the TSAL6100. We didn’t realise that shipping components was such an ordeal (individual Customs & Air Safety declarations depending on destination). The shipping cost was more than budgeted, but was also offset by the discount achieved.
On the Raspberry Pi front, AnalysIR is now running well without any noticeable glitches. The approach we have adapted is to connect to the RPi over the network. The solution was to pipe the output over the LAN to a virtual serial port on the Windows PC. The virtual serial port utility is freely available for Windows and the network stuff on the RPi is just standard shell commands. I should point out that we haven’t yet tried to measure the modulation frequency on the RPi, just straight decoding though the IR Receiver. When idle we are using only 1.3% CPU on the RPi, when recording a single signal it goes to 1.6% CPU & when full out recording IR it goes up to ~ 4.9% CPU usage. This is pretty good as it doesn’t impact on other processes; considering our first attempt was using 99% CPU when idle 🙂
The potential to decode & analyze over a network may lead to some interesting features in future – ideas welcome. As a minimum, the work with the RPi will make the port to the Arduino Due easier (we are expecting a Due next week) and also when the Arduino Yún is released with WiFi
We have decided to offer a small number of Infrared Component Kits to help users of AnalysIR get started quickly. As a minimum you will require 1 IR receiver to use AnalysIR, plus we highly recommend the ‘IR Learner’ below if you also want to measure modulation frequency.
(Note: This is an updated copy of the original document from the crowd-funding campaign. The original document can be found here.)
IR receivers/emitter in Infrared Component Kits:
|TSSP4038||38kHz||1 x IR receiver||Fixed Gain||Barrier + AnalysIR|
|TSMP58000||20 -> 60kHz||1 x IR receiver||–||Learner + AnalysIR|
|TSOP4436||36kHz||1 x IR receiver||AGC 4||RC5/6|
|TSOP34438||38kHz||1 x IR receiver||AGC 4||NEC|
|TSOP4840||40kHz||1 x IR receiver||AGC 2||SONY|
|TSOP2256||56kHz||1 x IR receiver||AGC 2||RCA|
|TSAL6100||All||1 x IR emitter||–||IR LED transmitter|
AGC 2: Standard Applications
AGC 4: Very Noisy Environment
Kits do not include AnalysIR
Select one or more kits from the following:
|Item||Kit A||Kit B||Kit C||Kit D||Kit E||Kit F|
|Bonus Gift||see 11|
Y = Included
- Select the kit you want based on the items included
- For example, Kit A contains 1 x TSSP4038, 1 x TSMP58000, plus shipping (see 9 below) and a small tip/gratuity for the student.
- Then purchase the kit or kits you want by contributing the relevant cost (or sum for multiple kits)
- To purchase Kit A just make an $8 payment via the PayPal button on this page. To purchase multiple kits just make one contribution to the same perk for the total amount.
- If you select Kit B or Kit C then include a message on PayPal to clarify which perk you want.
- These component Kits do not include AnalysIR.
- Cost increased (Sep 2014) due to increase in postage.
- TSOP4438 replaced with more modern TSOP34438.
- Shipping: is included in price above, provided you are also buying AnalysIR or have bought AnalysIR previously. Otherwise, add $5 to the prices above (once only) for worldwide shipping.
- Delivery, usually takes from 5->10 working days. There may be some exceptions to this – depending on location.
- Bonus gift: We also include a selection of useful components, with all kits, to help with your IR projects. (2 x NPN + 8 x resistors … enough to complete a good Infrared emitter circuit for longer range)
- Please feel free to order these parts directly your-self. We won’t be offended in any way. We are not offering these to make any $$$ at all. In fact it is much less work for us if backers have or supply their own components.
- Kit A, B or C is more than adequate for most users.
- Standard shipping worldwide for owners of AnalysIR is included, Otherwise add an extra $5, as per Instruction 9 above. Postage is not tracked or insured. Unfortunately, we cannot provide any replacements for items mislaid in the post or delivery failures. Due to the low value, we do not expect that there would be customs charges etc. and if there are any you will have to cover this cost.
- We have included a small tip/gratuity for the student who has agreed to pack & post these perks.
- This perk is intended as a quick start aid for backers.
- These perks will be posted from Dublin, Ireland and typically take 5-10 working days depending on worldwide destination.
- You can select multiple kits.
- All kit IR components are from Vishay, who are a leading supplier of high quality components. We use them all the time for IR components.
- We have allowed for the Sales Tax, IGG, PayPal, Currency & inward shipping charges which will be levied on us for these components.
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to alter or replace any component if it is not available when we order them. However, we will do our best to match functionality as much as is reasonable. Hopefully this won’t be an issue.
- We have not included any Arduinos as they are freely available online. Many of these kit components are not easily available in quantities of 1, without excessive mark-ups, high minimum orders or postage.
- Shipping will be to PayPal registered address. (Let us know, immediately, if you want it sent to an alternative address)
- Use the Contact Form to contact us, directly.