Crazy Marantz remote

Everything related to protocols and IR codes
Gromit

Crazy Marantz remote

Post by Gromit »

I have a Marantz RC040SR remote control I have repaired, but is still struggling so I have created my own remote control. My remote controls an LG TV as well as the Marantz A/V receiver. I have the LG TV (NEC IR) working just fine as well as the 'simple' Marantz functions, but the Marantz has some 'extended' codes on the remote AND some extended codes that are NOT on the remote. This is where I am running into some issues.

The Marantz simple codes are for sure RC5 and the extended codes are RC5X or RC5 Extended or RC5 Marantz code. Using AnalysIR I can see the RC5x code, but it is not interpreted properly (from what I can tell). AanlysIR shows both codes as RC5, but the RC5x code extension (after the 4496us space) is not decoded. The Reverse Engineering Tool shows RC5 as 14-bit which is correct and the RC5x as 9-bits which is true for the code before the space.

Here are the two traces:
RC5X:
RC5x.jpg
RC5:
RC5.jpg
Has anyone seen this code before?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Re: Crazy Marantz remote

Post by AnalysIR »

Email me a full set of codes in a saved session file (Menu->File->save session) Also, send 2 signals for each one immediately after to ensure we get any toggle bit.

I will then look into it. (However, I will be travelling over the next feew days so may not reply until next week)

Based on a quick look that signal is not RC5 or RC5X. It may be a custom protocol. I will look into it more when you email the set of signals.

Of course the simple workaround is to just send the RAW signal in your remote.
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Post by AnalysIR »

forgot to mention...also post the model # of the device(S) and the remote(s)
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

This device is a Marantz NR1506 A/V Receiver with the RC040SR remote. I will email the captured data shortly. I don't YET have the TSMP58000, so I substituted a BPV23FL PIN diode and resistor which worked fairly well. It contains an ambient light filter.